If you suffered injuries in a car accident, you know how even a low-speed or seemingly minor collision can affect your life. You may be wondering what happens next and how you can ever pick up the pieces and move forward with your life. Various types of car accident injuries can leave you with physical pain and serious limitations.
You may be a cautious and safe driver, and you may do everything possible to follow the rules of the road. However, you cannot always control the actions of other West Virginia drivers. If your injuries were the result of the negligent and reckless actions of another person, you could have a valid claim to financial compensation. The amount you may be able to claim depends on the nature of your injuries and other factors.
Common injuries with a major impact
Car accident injuries can affect you in many ways. Some people are unable to work, complete daily tasks and live normal lives while others may have to endure constant pain. Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Burns are a common car accident injury. If there is a gas leak, it significantly increases the chance that a fire will start, possibly causing burns.
- People often suffer back injuries in car accidents. Spine damage can lead to paralysis, loss of movement and ongoing pain.
- In a collision, it is common for people to suffer brain injuries. A TBI can range from a minor concussion to major, irreversible brain damage.
- Internal injuries are common consequences of an accident. These injuries are not visible, but they can be quite painful and serious.
- Injuries to limbs and extremities can happen in collisions. Broken bones, damage to tendons and other injuries can be painful and dangerous.
Even if you think your injuries are minor, they can still impact your life in a major way. It’s important to secure help and learn about your legal options as soon as possible after a collision.
Moving on after an accident
Maybe you felt like your life came to a halt the day you had an accident. Your injuries may be painful and the implications significant, but there is help available to you. Accident victims may find it helpful to reach out to an experienced attorney to learn more about the personal injury claims process and how they can seek the recovery and compensation they deserve.