When Bad Things Happen To Good People, We're Here To Help
Photo of Professionals at Duffield, Lovejoy & Boggs, Attorneys at Law
Please note: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us in person, via telephone or through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.
  1. Home
  2.  | 
  3. Car Accidents
  4.  | How Do I File A Lost Wages Claim?

How Do I File A Lost Wages Claim?

If you are too injured to return to your job after an accident that was caused by someone else, you may be entitled to seek compensation for lost wages from the other driver or his or her insurance company.

At Duffield, Lovejoy & Boggs, Attorneys at Law, in Huntington, West Virginia, we offer a free initial consultation to discuss personal injury compensation for lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other losses.

Who Will Pay My Lost Wages After An Accident?

To recover lost wages after an accident, you will need a document signed by your doctor stating that you are unable to work due to injuries from an accident. Without this note, the insurance company will not pay.

In addition, you will need documentation from your employer what you would have earned had you been at work, including fringe benefits, vacation and sick time. If you are self-employed, our lawyers can help you document lost earnings.

If you recover compensation from a short-term or long-term disability plan to cover your lost wages, you will have to repay those benefits after you recover from the insurance company of the at-fault party. In many cases, our lawyers can negotiate with your employer’s benefit plan so you can keep as much of your personal injury award or settlement as possible.

Insurance companies will not pay lost wages as you go. They will only pay when your case is resolved by settlement or verdict. Our lawyers are here to advise you how to deal with bills until your case is resolved.

Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers

If you have been injured in an accident, our experienced attorneys can help you obtain full and fair compensation for lost wages and other damages. Please contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation.

Need help? We’re here. Call now, day or night: 304-247-9396.
Toll free: 304-247-9396.