Do I Need An Attorney To Apply For SSD/SSI?
While you can file a claim for Social Security Disability Insurance or Supplemental Security Income benefits without a lawyer, there are many reasons why it’s to your advantage to hire a lawyer at the beginning of your case.
At the law firm of Duffield, Lovejoy & Boggs, Attorneys at Law, in Huntington, West Virginia, we offer a no-cost and no-obligation consultation to answer your questions about applying for disability benefits.
Five Reasons To Seek A Lawyer’s Help With Your Claim
Here are reasons why it may be to your advantage to hire an attorney upfront rather than after your claim has been denied:
- The vast majority of disability claims are initially denied by the Social Security Administration. Once your claim is denied, it can take a year or longer to have a hearing with an administrative law judge. An attorney can review your application to ensure that you have the strongest possible medical documentation.
- There is no fee to consult with our attorneys before you file. Whether you hire an attorney at the beginning of your case or after your claim has been denied, our fees will be the same. We charge a percentage of the past-due benefits from Social Security after your claim is approved by Social Security. If you are successful in your initial application, our fees will be minimal.
- Applying for Social Security Disability is a marathon, not a sprint. Even with a lawyer’s help, most initial applications are turned down. By helping to prepare your initial application, our lawyers will be in a better position to promptly file an appeal. We can take your case as far as it needs to go to obtain benefits.
- Many Social Security claimants do things that hurt their case. For example, many people discontinue medical treatment because they can’t afford it or they don’t feel they are getting better. Unfortunately, if you discontinue treatment, you will not have the medical documentation you need to file a successful claim. Our lawyers will keep you from making mistakes that will hurt your claim.
- Our lawyers can advise you every step of the way to increase your chances of success. We know the rules, and we know what the Social Security Administration expects to see to approve your claim.
Contact A Huntington Social Security SSDI/SSI Application Lawyer
Contact us online today to schedule a free initial consultation.
Need help? We’re here. Call now, day or night.