How Soon Should I Hire An Attorney?
Many people put off hiring an attorney until they are sure they need help. Unfortunately, by the time you realize that you need an attorney’s help, crucial mistakes may have already been made.
The sooner you hire an attorney, the sooner you can be assured that your rights will be protected. At Duffield, Lovejoy & Boggs, Attorneys at Law, in Huntington, West Virginia, we offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case and answer your questions.
Why You Should Hire An Attorney Right Away
- Preserve evidence of fault. Over time, evidence such as accident debris, skid marks and vehicle damage can wash away, get repaired or be thrown away. Witnesses’ memories can fade.
- Preserve evidence of damages. If you fail to seek timely medical treatment or keep records of how an accident affected you, the insurance company will not believe that you were really hurt.
- Dealing with the insurance company. Insurance companies are experienced at getting people to say things that will damage their cases. For example, the adjuster may ask you to explain the accident several times. Even a minor inconsistency may lead to an accusation that you are lying.
- Dealing with medical bills. The insurance company of the at-fault driver will not pay your medical bills until your case is resolved. Our lawyers will review your options and help you make the best choice.
- Peace of mind. Once you hire an attorney, all you have to focus on is getting better. We’ll do everything else.
Since our attorneys handle personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, it costs no more to hire us at the beginning of your case than near the end.
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have been injured in an accident, our experienced attorneys can help you obtain full and fair compensation for all of your losses. Please contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation.